Skype and Logitech, Which are your problems?

I'm happy because I've found my Logitech Quickcam Express!! My very old Computer Webcam!

Then I've installed the Skype programm for Ubuntu 11.04. At first, it's a Beta version. C'mon... what happens? Ok... Really... it's not a big problem...

Because really, the big problem arrived when I tried to use my webcam with Skype. It didn't found the camera and I couldn't see the Webcam image!

Fuck! I can't believe it! Why? Why didn't it work?

I tried to install another application for webcam like Cheese or Camorama and then I could see my Webcam worked perfect. Then, what happen with Skype. What is your problem Mr. Skype?

So I looked for an answer on Internet and I discovered what was the problem. A lot of people have that problem with Skype and Logitech. Why? I don't, Who knows? Only they.

And... the question was... what can I really do? So I looked for  and found an answer: a preload command! That is:
LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so skype


However that didn't work for me... but I found the problem!! I had the file "v4l1compat.so" in another folder! So I searched it and I found the really path of the file:


LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libv4l/v4l1compat.so skype


And a permanent solution is changing the Skype launch in "System/Preferences/Main Menu/ Internet/Skype/Properties" ("Sistema/Preferencias/Menú Principal/Internet/Skype/Propiedades") with the next command:


bash -c 'LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libv4l/v4l1compat.so skype'

Be carefull with the final '




And now i can use Skype with my Logitech Quickcam Express. I hope this post can help you buddy!!

This post/blog helped me:

http://www.ubunturoot.com/2010/05/how-to-fix-webcam-problem-in-skype.html

Bye!!

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Ay, querida Soledad!

Tenerife

Aguas de mayo